January 23, 2012

25

"I feel it now at twenty-five, yeah I've been dying since the day I was born…."

I just read these lyrics to a song titled 'Every Second' by "The Vocal Few."

Its as if they wrote that song for me. 

If I stop to think about it, which is why I try to keep busy, I feel as though I've reached the pinnacle of my life. What else could there be? What else could there possibly be?

You would keep busy, too, if this is where your mind went whenever it had a moments peace.

Why is it so hard to be patient? Patient for events to come about. For friends to visit. For life milestones to be reached. For a husband. A job. A calling. A reason. Purpose.

Why is it so hard to be patient?

Lack of patience then seems to turn into doubt…doubt that those things will never occur. After waiting long enough, its easy to believe I will simply always be waiting. Until I learned recently that Abraham (yes, that famous one from the Bible) waited, too. He waited for a promised son. A son God said would be the start of a nation. A son that answered all of Abraham's prayers, hopes, dreams, purpose. Want to guess how long he waited for this son?

Yep. Twenty-five years.

I can't wait for an egg to cook sometimes, let alone 25 years for a promise. 

Twenty-five years, and then Abraham's promised gift came. And at 25 years of age, I think my life is as good as its going to get? I make myself sick….

"Blessed is she who had believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished!" Luke 1:45.

I must believe. I will believe. I will forget. But then, my God, my patient Father, the One who invented time, will lovingly remind me. I will remember. I will believe. 

Twenty-five. The years a man waited for his promise. The years he probably forgot, and remembered, and forgot, and remembered to trust God. 

Twenty-five. My entire life….so far. "Blessed is she who believes…." I will believe.

1 comment:

  1. Love this roomie. Such beautiful thoughts. May God sustain us as we wait with joy and expectation for all He has planned for us and enjoy all He has blessed us with already. I love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete